Agroisolab Terms and Conditions
Laboratory Analysis, Results Interpretation and Associated Consultancy Services
1. Successful analysis requires important information about samples to help direct interpretation of analysis measurements. Details of one or more of the following are therefore required:
a) Declared origin of the sample – claimed or documented origin.
b) Alternative origin(s) if the declared origin is doubtful.
c) Declared farming method used (organic/non-organic)
d) Additional sugar additives
e) Provide the declared Genus and/or species and any common name provided by the trader.
f) For plywood samples – please list declared species and origins for each layer.
g) For plywood samples – please indicate how many layers and which layers are to be tested.
Testing cannot begin before Agroisolab is provided with the relevant sample information as described above.
In listing origin declarations please be as exact as possible. If a product does not have a precise origin declared or only provides a list of suppliers, customers must contact Agroisolab before sending their sample for analysis.
For timber, if declarations are to forest-level resolution, that is useful additional information and should be provided. However, if locations are only to regional or national levels, then provide this information. For timber products, it is not unusual for declared origins to list a processing or manufactured origin, not the harvest origin. Please check the declared location is the harvest origin.
Please contact Agroisolab where there is doubt with regards to origin declarations.
The quoted price per sample covers initial sample analysis, interpretation of results, and if requested, one follow-up meeting. If more investigation is required after this point - either a second round of analysis (tier 2 testing) or further advice (managed scientific support) - this will incur further costs. See pricing matrix for managed scientific support rates.
2. The work agreed upon with the client shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. For purposes of enforcement of arbitration awards, equitable relief, or if for any other reason litigation is permissible under this agreement, each party agrees to the personal jurisdiction and venue of any court located in the United Kingdom.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude Agroisolab UK’s liability for:
a) Death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents, or subcontractors.
b) Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
c) Breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services act 1982 (title and quiet possession)
d) Any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
4. Subject to section 3 above, Agroisolab UK shall not be liable to the customer, or to the customer’s customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with a contract for:
a) Loss of profits
b) Loss of sales or business
c) Loss of agreements or contracts
d) Loss of anticipated savings
e) Loss of use or corruption of software, data or information
f) Loss of damage to goodwill
g) Any indirect or consequential loss
Subject to clause 3 above, Agroisolab UK’s total liability to the customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the service delivered shall be limited to the total paid by the customer for only the analyses under dispute.
5. Where Agroisolab UK delivers its services in joint activity with other laboratories and service providers, Agroisolab UK’s limits of liability as described in clauses 3 and 4 above, shall apply only to services delivered by Agroisolab UK, not to any service or services provided by other laboratories or service providers.
6. Invoicing: Payment terms are 30 days from the date listed on Agroisolab’s invoice. Invoicing will commence on customer receipt of report.
REPORT TURNAROUND TIME
7. Stable Isotope Reference Analysis is complex and involves multiple sophisticated laboratory and statistical processes.
a) The standard turnaround time for food and timber samples is 20 working days (40 working days for quantitative taxonomic analysis).
b) The turnaround time for manufactured products such as particle board, MDF, woodchip, and plywood is sample quantity dependent and will be agreed on a per quote basis.
c) Turnaround time commences when samples are received by Agroisolab.
d) Faster sample turnaround time is available at additional cost. Agroisolab’s absolute shortest turnaround time is ten working days.
e) Requests for faster sample turnaround times might be possible and can be requested, although Agroisolab needs to receive and approve this request before samples are shipped.
f) Agroisolab will make our best effort to adhere to our turnaround times, as we know this is important to customers. However, we cannot be held responsible when delays outside our control result in turnaround times not being achieved.
Acceptance of quotes/requests to proceed with work constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.